Using a piece of equipment to help in muscle stretching might seem a bit strange, but for those wishing to improve their flexibility, stretching machines are welcome as they allow for quicker stretching and relaxing of muscles.
- 1 Best Leg Stretch Machines 2017
- 2 Full Body Stretchers
- 3 How Stretch Machines Work
Different types of stretch machines
Leg Stretchers–This type focuses on aiding people to stretch just legs. If it’s important for you to be able to do the splits, then this is the kind of machine you want as it can be used by dancers and martial arts practitioners. Often, splits or leg machine do have a control wheel which allows a person to increase the amount of stretch slowly.
Full body stretchers- This type are a representative of machines targeting broader areas on the body and these include hamstrings, lower back, quadriceps, arms, upper back, calves and much more. It ideally hits each major group of muscle with a stretch that is gentle but effective.
Benefits of Using Stretch Machines
The one advantage of a stretch machine compared to stretching in a class is the fact that a person goes at their own level of comfort without having any pressure for overstretching. Any good instructor for yoga wouldn’t push a person too far but gauging where your limits lie currently can be difficult. Whilst enjoying your home’s privacy and comfort, a person can slowly take their time to improve and deepen their flexibility session by session.
Best Leg Stretch Machines 2017
|Model||Stretch control||Comes Full Assembled||Editor Rating||Pricing|
|Pro Leg Stretcher Machine||Wheel||Yes||9.5|
|Valor Fitness CA-27 Leg Stretch Machine||Wheel||No||9|
|Century VersaFlex Stretching Machine||Leaver||No||8|
Pro Leg Stretcher
The Pro Leg Stretcher by TMAS is one of the best leg stratechers around. This split machine allows a person to work on stretching their hamstrings and improving their splits beyond 180 degrees. A great feature of this machine is the fact that it comes assembled fully in the package. This rugged and well-built machine will surely take a person’s leg stretch to the next level in addition to lasting for as long as it’s being used. Beyond being a leg split machine that is sturdy, it has a padded seat, foot rests that are padded and a back support that can be adjusted for a stretch that is both customizable and comfortable.
- The control wheel – A great thing about a control wheel on a machine such as this is that it’s possible to increasing your stretch by increments that are tiny instead of notch levels. Counting the number of wheel rotations you are able to get to will help you keep tabs on the progress that you are making.
- Full assembly – This fact that it comes fully assembled in the package gives it an edge.
- Sturdy build – It is built to last.
Leg Strecher Century VersaFlex Stretching Machine
This machine offers a person the opportunity to gradually improve your stretching ability over a period of time . The Century Versaflex Stretching Machine also helps a person increase the range of movement in areas of the leg and hip and this to competitive sports like martial arts does provide an edge. It’s easy operating and users are allowed to push themselves to their limit of stretching in a way that is both comfortable and controlled by the use of a lever in cranking the leg supports up to 190 degrees. It has a degree indicator chart for tracking progress and recognizing your success in improving your stretches.
· Length is 35 inches (90 cm)
· Width is 20 inches (51 cm)
- Height is 8 inches (20.3 cm)
- Weight is 55 lbs (25 kg)
- Ability of stretching up to 190 degrees.
- Degree indicator for monitoring progress.
- Thigh pads which are comfortable and adjustable.
- Stretching arm four positions.
- There are stretching handles located on the thigh decks
- solid steel.
Proof of your stretching Progress
This stretching machine is one among the few around offering the capacity of measuring the degree of stretches of a user and monitoring their progress subsequently. Having proof of progress that is tangible can be a motivator that is hugely effective.
A useful feature of this stretcher is the multi-position thigh pads. These pads are crucial to the efficiency of performed stretches on the machine in addition to a person’s comfort. The ability to adjust them so that it can suit individual needs is a welcome feature.
Challenges in assembly
The instructions that came with this model are not the best but we did manage to put it together in a reasonable time.
Valor Fitness CA-27 Leg Stretch Machine
The Valor Fitness CA-27 Leg Stretch Machine is capable of helping anybody who wishes to improve their stretching and flexibility ability in the hip and leg areas. Again this another sturdy machine that looks to be well built. The padding around the legs and back is sufficient so you don't feel any of the mechanism.
- A height of 22 inches (56 cm)
- Length of 76 inches (193 cm)
- Width of 18 inches (46 cm) to 76 inches (193 cm) when it has been extended.
- Weight of 49 lb
- The recommended maximum user weight is 250 lbs (113.4 kg)
- Abilityof stretching beyond 180 degrees
- Steering wheel mechanism for easily achieving the desired stretch degree. Padded and adjustable leg supports
- Seat that is padded and back support that can be adjusted.
- Gear mechanism which allows for small and gradual increase in stretch degrees.
The fact that this leg stretcher’s leg supports can be adjusted gives it an advantage over its rivals. The CA-27 offers the opportunity of personalizing the machine and ensuring that the supports are in the best place possibly for you, this implies that the machine can be adapted so as to suit your height.
Control of stretch degree
The steering wheel mechanism used to control the stretch degree is another great feature of this machine. The great thing about this function is that you are able to increase or decrease the stretch degree in small and gradual increments plus the movement is also smooth and continuous.
Ability of measuringprogress
This machine could have been greatly enhanced if a device for measuring was included to help users in monitoring the stretch degrees they completed on the machine and hence track their progress adequately.
Despite a person’s best attempts in assembling the machine as effectively as possible, its structure can feel wobbly.
Full Body Stretchers
LifeSpan Stretch Partner Bench
A machine such as the LifeSpan Fitness SP1000 Stretch Partner will be very helpful in not only improving your muscles suppleness and flexibility but also the ease and range of movement you encounter as a consequence of stretching regularly.
This versatile stretch machine can help you in enhancing a person’s performance in a variety of sports involving controlled movements like golf, martial arts and tennis, to name a few. It is very easy to use and it should give you good with continues usage.
- An instructional flip chart that shows the instructions and images of eighteen different stretches.
- Instructional DVD.
- A Flex-Smart pivot system helping a person go for a stretch that is deeper and fuller and for a great range of movement.
- Wheels are available for ease in transportation.
- Solid steel frame able to support up to 300 pounds.
The LifeSpan SP1000 provides special added extras offered by similar stretch machines but on a reasonable price.
The little things
The little details offered by the LifeSpan SP1000 make is great machine to invest in. The flip chart and accompanying DVD provide a complete support on how to use the machine which ensures that everyone will have the ability of using it confidently and effectively.
The only real flaw on this machine in comparison to other stretching machines is that its seat is padded a little less and comfortably. But this is just a minor complaint as a person quickly gets used to the feel of the seat.
Precor 240i Commercial Series StretchTrainer
This is a comfortable and durable and multi-functional tool of commercial grade featuring a design capable of stretching each major group of muscles. It’s a device that helps a person experience flexibility levels they didn’t know were possible. Athletes such as baseball players, tennis players and golfers have been known to use such machines to get high levels of flexibility and improving their game, but it’s a truly transformative device for anyone irrespective of the age or level of flexibility.
- Variations of stretch exercise.
- It gives allowance for 8 core exercises for stretching which include lower back, glutes and hips, quadriceps, groin/inner thighs, legs/hip/back and upper back.
- Attached is a handy placard which explains every stretch.
- Its 60 lbs make it easy to moving and storing it.
How Stretch Machines Work
The majority of stretch machines work by using a person’s weight in stretching the major groups of muscles. There usually is a seat that is padded and a kneepad for placing the knees on whilst holding a form of handles to the front.