We take a look in detail and review the omron hj-203. As you probably know, adults should walk at least 10,000 steps a day. Pedometers have been invented to help you keep track of the distance you covered walking and are, therefore, important tools to help you stay active and motivated even on rainy days or in periods when you don’t feel like leaving the comfort of your home at all.
Omron has created the great HJ-203 to provide you all the help you need to stay on track at all times by not only counting your steps, but also by monitoring your daily activity and working like a pocket sized personal trainer who is always by your side.
General Features of the Omron HJ-203 Pedometer
The unit is currently the slimmest model Omron has and one of the slimmest on the entire market of pedometers. It is very small, too – weighing only 2.38 ounces and measuring 3.03 x 1.10 x 6.49 inches, the unit is smaller than a credit card and it fits into any pocket comfortably.
To prevent you from losing your pedometer, Omron has fitted it with a clap and loop that you can use to fasten the unit securely to your clothes.
The HJ-203 runs on batteries – as an additional feature, the pedometer comes packaged with high-quality lithium batteries that will last for about a year even if you use the unit permanently or almost permanently.
Traits That Make the Omron HJ-203 Pedometer So HighlyAppreciated
The Omron HJ-203 Pedometer comes with an easy-to-understand manual and a screwdriver you will need to start using the unit, so the package will contain everything you can possibly need to start enjoying the great features below:
- The unit is, in fact, much more than a pedometer that counts your steps – it comes enriched with an activity tracker that will keep track of your workout on an elliptical trainer or the steps you make while jogging or running as well; it will provide a detailed analysis of your daily activity and will correlate the number of steps you have taken to distance as well as calories and grams of fat burned;
- The accuracy of the measurements is guaranteed by the special Smart Sensor Technology that will filter out non-walking motion;
- The Omron HJ-203 Pedometer will not only count your steps, but will also store your performance in its seven-day memory;
- The unit includes a very useful digital clock as well as a midnight auto reset feature;
- It is resistant to extreme temperatures, providing accurate measurements from 10 degrees Fahrenheit to 104;
- All the buttons you will need for operating the unit (memory, mode and action) are comfortably shaped and placed on the front of the unit, while the display the Omron is equipped with is resistant and easy to read;
- You can wear the pedometer in any position – accuracy and proper functioning will not be affected by the orientation in any way.
And Wait, There's More!
This small device can do a lot, but it is very easy to set up and use. When you first turn it on, it will require you to enter your weight and height, then you should let the auto-stride function on the unit to measure the length of your average step. When you have completed this phase, simply press the Action button and the device will go into workout mode and will start counting your steps until you press Action again to turn off the pedometers.
You will notice that the unit does not display the information related to your performance continuously. The pedometer is equipped with a special sensor that makes the display go black when no button is pushed for 5 minutes, but the device will start counting your steps and tracking your performance even when you don’t see the measurements on the display. You can activate the display again by pushing any button.
Are There Any Disadvantages?
The Omron HJ-203 Pedometer is certainly a sturdy, reliable and feature-rich little device – qualities that are appreciated by all users. There is one feature, though, that some reviewers mention as a minus and that is the lack of possibility to wear the unit clipped on to a belt.
Wherever you are walking, whenever you go jogging or hit the elliptical trainer in your gym, the Omron HJ-203 Pedometer will help you monitor your performance by accurately keeping track of your activity. Use it in any position, place it into your pocket or into your backpack - this small and lightweight device will do an excellent job, but will stay unnoticed all the way.
The accurate measurements you will get, the ease of use and the extraordinary power of this little machine to keep you motivated and on track make the Omron HJ-203 Pedometer an excellent investment.It will help you keep your enthusiasm high and your stride brisk with each and every recorded step.