- 1 Elliptical Machine Features to Consider When Purchasing
- 2 Choices in stride length
- 3 Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine
- 4 Exerpeutic 1000Xl Heavy Duty Magnetic Ellipticals with Pulse
- 5 Sole Fitness E95 Elliptical Machine
- 6 Horizon Fitness EX-59-02 Elliptical Trainer
- 7 Schwinn A40 Elliptical Machine
- 8 Exerpeutic Aero Air Ellipticals
Elliptical Machine Features to Consider When Purchasing
When you are looking to find the best Elliptical machine it can be a little bit daunting with the amount of choice on the market. Below we have listed some of the best choices and also what to look for when choosing an elliptical machine.
Stability- A good elliptical machine should be very stable so as to support the different users putting it to use. Machines that are longer and larger will have more stability as they tend to be of better quality with more durability and thus are usually priced higher.
Programs- A person needs to consider the number of workout programs offered by the elliptical trainer and if they can customise their own.
Incline levels- Although the majority of elliptical machines give you the ability to choose resistance levels, the only ones with inclines you can adjust are the rear drive units which are costlier. By adjusting the incline, the slope is changed. When the elliptical is set to an incline it really increase the resistance levels to give a good workout.
Stride length- One of the elliptical set’s most important specifications is the stride length but it frequently is ignored in the favour of the console’s bells and whistles. While music and workouts that are built in makes exercising more engaging, an effective as well as comfortable session is assured with proper stride length. Simply put, the stride length is the distance between the pedals when at the farthest distance from each other.
Choices in stride length
A variety exists to stride length, forhome machines the most common in inches is 16, 18, 20, 21 and 22. For some, there are strides as small as 14 inches. Others do have stride lengths which can be adjusted and this allow users to change the length of the stride so that each person can be accommodated.
Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine
The high quality bicycles from Schwinn have made it widely renowned. The elliptical machines made by the company also feature the same precision and quality. The Schwinn 430 Elliptical comes with 22 preset programs for exercising and 20 levels of resistance which aid a person in reaching your fitness goals.
It’s quite easy stepping up on this elliptical trainer plus it has high stability. Its measurements are 5 ½ feet in length 2 ½ feet in width and a height of 5 ¼ feet. Its stride is 20 inches fixed and this is the standard length for strides. The LCD console measures 3 by 5 inches and you can view the distance, time, the calories you have burned and the level of resistance. This elliptical machine is capable of supporting up to 300 pounds.
In order to track the progress that you are making is possible connecting the Schwinn Connect apps or MyFitnessPal.
Adjusting the incline has to be done manually.
Exerpeutic 1000Xl Heavy Duty Magnetic Ellipticals with Pulse
This a kind of elliptical solidly built and with a price that is very reasonable. It offers a work-out that is dual action which simultaneously helps in toning, tightening and strengthening the lower and upper body. The design of this elliptical is meant to give the user the kind of workout of zero impact easy on the ankles, knees and hips.
Very easy using, 8 magnetic resistance levels are offered sure to compliment any level of fitness. Also featured is an elliptical motion that is natural eliminating any movement that is bouncy. The LCD display that arrives with this elliptical is very easy in reading offering convenient workout data. Also coming with the elliptical is a flywheel which is precision balanced having dual direction either forwards or backwards, large pedals having a texture that is ribbed to prevent slippage of the foot and pulse pads for monitoring of the heart rate. In addition it has the capability of accommodating 300 pounds in user weight.
The technical information
- Length: 54″
- Height: 63”
- Width: 23″
This elliptical is very stable and can handle a user weight of 300 pounds in user weight which allows various users to use it.
You are able to get a workout that is excellent for the lower and upper body.
Compared to other elliptical machines, it’s one of the least expensive in the market.
Stride length is somewhat shorter
Its stride length is 13” which for users who like taking longer and larger steps can be very frustrating.
Assembly is somewhat challenging
A majority of users have reported experiencing some difficulty assembling it. Its instructions are difficult following and maintenance which is consistent is required with use.
Sole Fitness E95 Elliptical Machine
This elliptical is of the top choice as it has met all fits for a majority of heights, skill levels and it offers quality workouts for a very reasonable price. Its key features include stride lengths of 20-22 inches, a magnetic front drive of 30 pounds and 20 incline settings.
- 20″ - 22″ stride and power adjustable
- Flywheel of 30 pounds
- 10 programs of working out including.
- A graphic screen of 10.1”
- Options of integrating mobile devices as display for workout.
- Bluetooth syncing withthe mobile fitness apps
- Heart rate control
- Arm bars which are movable.
- Compatibility with MP3 players.
- Water bottle holder and a cooling fan.
- Competitive warranty.
- It isn’t ideal for people who have shorter strides. Not ideal for people with short strides
- It’s not compact
- You can’t download newer workouts.
Horizon Fitness EX-59-02 Elliptical Trainer
The piece of equipment provides high level workouts on a chassis that is very comfortable and sturdy. It has a special platform that is patented allowing a stride that is most natural and motion that is very smooth. This is an elliptical trainer awesome for people on budget who can’t afford models that are highly priced. The low cost shouldn’t fool you as this trainer arrives with a number of features that a person can expect on luxurious home gym equipment.
A key characteristic is its ability of delivering a kind of stride that is one of the most naturaland smoothest strides using its Six Star Certified patented platform. This is a thoroughly researched platform using an ideal pedal and handlebar placement for reducing hip and back stress. Of all paths of elliptical trainers, it has one of the most natural in the market with a stride of 18 inches which helps in minimizing fatigue. You shouldn’t overlook this trainer if really you are after comfort.
In addition it comes with 10 different programs for workouts to pick from so that every person is equipped with the kind of tools needed to achieve their desired level of fitness. The programs include: Constant watts ,Weight loss, Calories, Reverse Training, Intervals, Random and Weight Loss Plus and also a manual setting if you wish to have a personal regime to follow.
Other positive features highlighted by users:
· A 5 inch LCD display that is easy to read.
· 16 electronic resistance levels suitable for a variety of users with different fitness levels.
· Assembly that is very easy and with all tools provided.
· During operation it’s a machine that is very quiet and solid.
· It arrives with a heart rate monitor on the handle bars.
· Has an MP3 unit and speakers as a bonus.
· The frame has a lifetime warranty, 1 year on parts.
Some common drawbacks on this elliptical trainer include;
· No feature for incline to make the workouts more challenging.
· No fan comes with the model.
· The water bottle placement is inconvenient as it’s difficult to reach.
· It takes a long time for the heart rate monitor to lock in a reading that is accurate.
· Users who are taller can find the glide to be uncomfortable.
Schwinn A40 Elliptical Machine
This is a sturdy elliptical trainer exhibiting high quality. This trainer includes 7 different programs for working out that offer a variety to exercises. It has an eddy current resistance that is computer controlled and a flywheel that is perimeter weighted so that users can have a smooth stride with a quiet operation. You are able to monitor your level of fitness with a grip heart rate and two speed fans for keeping you cool. This elliptical trainer also features levelling feet as an integration offering enhanced stability for this machine for exercising whilst protecting the floor. Its operated by a battery but you can also use an AC adapter for the power.
- 8 magnetic levels of resistance
- 7 different workout programs for variety
- Grip Heart Rate enabling a person to monitor the level of fitness
- A stride of 17.5".
- A 2 speed fan integrated to make a person cool.
- Weight limit of 275 lbs per user.
· Assembly that is quick and simple
· It’s very smooth and quiet to use.
· For its build quality, it features a low price.
· It has a range of programs for working out that are very effective.
· It design is very compact and thus save son space.
- For users who are taller than 5’8” the stride length feels a bit shorter.
- For some users the speakers aren’t so loud.
Exerpeutic Aero Air Ellipticals
This is an entry level elliptical trainer that is very strong and budget friendly for getting a full body workout in your home. It features the ability of striding in backward motion for changing up the session and it hits a majority of your muscle groups along with the arm bars. It also uses magnetic resistance which can easily be adjusted with a dial and this helps it to remain quiet.
This elliptical trainer’s computer features an LCD which is very easy to read showing all workout data needed for tracking your progress.
The technical information
- Length of 33 inches
- Width of 19 inches
- Height of 46 inches
- Weight of 51 lbs
· A stride of 12” accommodating the average user.
· A maximum user weight of 250 lbs.
· 8 levels of magnetic resistance
· LCD display.
- Workout data inclusive of: Speed, Time, Calories burned and Distance.
- Has a 1 year warranty on the frame and 90 days warranty on other parts.
Saves space and is lightweight
This machine can be used anywhere which is one of its best features. It has a foot print that is under 2’x3’which makes it a space saver. This is a great machine for people with small space for exercise or who are living in an apartment.
This elliptical trainer’s motion is one great thing about it. Its motion isn’t choppy but it’s fluid. The fact that it also has both backward and forward movement is another awesome feature. This offers more options for exercise and ability of working out different muscles.
Its stride of 12” means it isn’t for everyone. Users who are taller and looking for a nice stride on an elliptical trainer look for not less than 18”. The main reason for good length of the stride is such that during the motion of the elliptical you can achieve full extension and have full exertion of the body.