If you are looking for a great and efficient way to get into shape, you surely know about the immense benefits of using a stationary bike to become fitter. The special construction and the extraordinary features of the Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike take all these benefits to a different level by adding even more efficiency, comfort and joint protection to your workouts.
General Features of the Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
When assembled, the bike measures 33L x 19W x 46H inches, which is the perfect size for small spaces and for larger rooms as well. The unit weighs only 39 pounds, but the resistant and durable materials it is made from allow for a maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds.
The bike folds into a compact shape – when collapsed, the unit measures only 20 L x 17 W x 54 H inches, about half the extended size, so when you are not using it, you can simply roll it away with the help of the transportation wheels the bike comes packaged with.
Technical Advantages and Other Features You'll Love
The unit features numerous technical features that not only increase the efficiency and the comfort of the unit, but also give you more control over the training process:
- The seat is large and cushioned, providing maximum comfort for long and short training sessions alike and being easy to mount and dismount – the distance between the handles is 21 inches, allowing users of any size to fit in comfortably;
- The height of the seat is adjustable, so the bike is great for tall and short persons alike;
- The seat comes with a back rest, giving you even more support and preventing back aches;
- The large LCD display (measuring 3.3”Wx 1.5”H) is easy to read and will supply accurate information about your performance – take just one look at it every now and then and read the distance you have covered, the time you have spent riding your bike, how fast you have been going and how many calories you have burned;
- The unit features hand pulse sensors on the handle bars – if you grip them while riding the bike, your current heart rate zone will appear on the LCD screen, providing you accurate information about the intensity of your training and its effects on your body;
- The large pedals are equipped with safety straps for even more comfortable pedaling – with these special pedals, you can be sure your feet will not become numb and you will not suffer from the pains and cramps that many users of stationary exercise bikes suffer from;
- The bike rests on very sturdy supports that keep it securely in place on any type of flooring, including slippery tile floors or thick carpet, no matter how intensive your pedaling is;
- The Exerpeutic 400XL is very affordable, offering an excellent price-to-value ratio.
The construction of the unit makes it not only comfortable, but also a delight to use:
- It features a special double-drive V-belt transmission system that is very silent, thus eliminating the noisiness that can be so disturbing during the workout;
- It comes with a precision-balanced flywheel;
- The magnetic tension control system adjustable on eight different levels, providing efficient and progressive training for users of all fitness levels and allowing to adjust the resistance while you are riding the bike;
- The high-torque, three-piece crank system will work smoothly, whatever your speed and whatever resistance settings you are using.
When you open the packaging, you may think that there is a lot of assembly work to do, but in fact all you need to do is to mount some screws and the package will contain the tools you will need for putting the bike together, too. The unit comes with a great and easy to understand assembly manual.
This bike is also vary reasonably priced in comparison to some other type of exercise bikes on the market like the top end spin bikes.
The bike is recommended for people between 5”2’ and 6”2′, but according to some reviewers, users who are taller than 6”1′or shorter than 5”4’ might find the unit a bit uncomfortable to use. However, even users who are 4”10’ have reported positive experiences, the reason for this being that the unit's comfort depends more on leg length than on overall body height. Taller users who feel that they don’t get the expected range of motion on the bike might try using yoga blocks on the seat – the back rest being sufficiently tall, using an extra component is not likely to cause any discomfort.
Another minor complaint about the unit is that the back support does not recline. However, its position is comfortable and suitable for most people, but if you feel you can do with a bit more support, you can easily correct that with the help of a pillow placed behind your back.
The Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike will bring variety and efficiency to your workouts – use it as a stand-alone exercise tool or combine pedaling with other types of exercise and you will experience an almost instant improvement in your fitness.