Ever wondered about the types of yoga pants that are most versatile, comfortable, hygienic and efficient when it comes to any type of use or workout?
While yoga pants are generally suitable for almost any activity, there are five distinct varieties of yoga leggings we will be looking at shortly, that determined, successful and empowered women prefer while doing their workouts.
If you’re not familiar with the best types of yoga pants and styles, it can be a real chore to select the ones that are best suited to what you specifically need.
In the following, we will take a look at five of the best yoga pants and leggings that are well-designed and stylish, made to be both practical and comfortable, while meeting all your style-related requirements.
Best Affordable Yoga Pants
1. Spalding Yoga Pant
For a looser high waist band pair of pants that will make you feel free and at ease during your relaxing sessions, spalding pants are the way to go!
The straight leg fit will be great for walking and jogging, but also for light and moderate exercise. These pants are generally made from 92% cotton fabric, which means they are, nice and stretchy, machine-friendly, as well as reasonably affordable – as long as the competition isn’t polyester.
2. 90 Degree by Reflex
These black leggings are ideal for working out and running outside in colder weather. Due to its quality fleece material and warmer feel, they can be used for a variety of activities, both indoors and outside. Because of the fleece lining I would not recommend these if you are taking a hot yoga class but they would be fine for all other classes.
If you’re used to cotton, you might find it difficult to get used to these, as the combination of polyester and spandex fabric could feel somewhat out of place for a while. Once you get accustomed to these high waist pants, however, they are surprisingly soft and comfortable, and the fact they are lower than average price is definitely a great asset as well!
Whilst wearing them they have a good compression without being too restrictive and they also have one of the biggest waist bands for extra comfort around the mid section. Degree by reflex is a popular high quality brand within the yoga market and they have may different styes but we found these the best they offer.
3. Danskin Yoga Pants
These danskin full length pants are available in a number of different styles and fabrics, and their main focus is to facilitate comfortable stretching and posing in all yoga discipline, as well as pilates.
A snug fit, casual look and wide range of sizes are the main characteristics that define Danskin and give them the versatility they are known for. Also quite durable, they will withstand the test of time and won't wear, even if you work out every day.
4. Viosi Yoga Pants
Smooth and comfortable fabric, fashionable styling options and genuine cotton selections are the qualities that have made the Viosi brand one of the most well-known manufacturers of quality leggings worldwide.
With a beautiful selection of stylish colors to wear, these high waist yoga pants will probably give you the most freedom when it comes to choosing the yoga pant designs that will look just perfect on you.
5. Hollywood Star Fashion Yoga Pants
For women who want to be both stylish and sexy while working out, These black Hollywood Star Fashion full length yoga leggings will deliver on that and much more. Made from more than 90% cotton, most items absorb sweat quite easily, and are very soft and comfortable. With the high waist yoga band they also conform to your body shape, so you’ll feel great throughout your workout.
Inexpensive and well-made, they are ideal for long term use, and can be washed without difficulty, as long as you only use cold washing cycles.
Yoga Pants Benefits
For starters, let’s take a closer look at what makes a good pair of workout leggings so special. Here are a few of the main benefits you should be looking for when shopping:
- Yoga leggings are, first of all, ideally suited for yoga due to their remarkable comfort and lightweight, flexible construction. They are suited to all types of workouts, and can comfortably be used both at home and during your exercise classes. With regards to workout leggings, one-size-fits-all is typically what you get.
- Sweating can be a great problem if you don’t want to take a shower 3-4 times a day, especially after intensive workouts when you don’t always have the time or energy. Yoga leggings absorb sweat more easily than other clothing items, and leave you feeling dry and fresh.
- While workout leggings used to not be very flattering and only offered a few different styling options, today you can go wild and pick just about any type of colour and style you want. From flare-bottom to spalding and danskin, or even Hollywood star fashion, you have plenty of versatile options to choose from. Those that are looking for a bit of extra support and tummy control can go with the high waist band or high rise as they are some times referred too.
- You don’t have to buy separate leggings for running, cardio, yoga and strength workouts. One pair (plus replacements) will suffice regardless of the types of workouts you plan on, and in most cases they will even make your workouts easier, when compared to anything you may have worn in the past. If you have never tried these leggings I would highly recommend you get a pair because once you try them there will be no looking back.
- Finally, the great thing about these leggings is that they can be worn all day, so you don’t have to worry about having to change after a session – that is, unless you need to get to a formal gathering. They can be worn during any activity, offering ideal comfort, as well as practical benefits.
How to Clean Yoga Pants
Although choosing the right yoga pants is a good idea, buying expensive pants will mean you have to take good care of them. Since the leggings have to be washed after every workout session – to prevent yeast and bacteria from being reintroduced to the body if you wear them again – it’s important to take great care when cleaning them.
So go easy on detergent, avoid fabric softener at all costs, and never add your legging to the same load as towels and similar heavy fabric that could leave your newly bought pants looking like a used pair after the first couple of washes. Also, make sure you use cold water cycles, as synthetics, organic cotton and bamboo pieces hate hot water. Also just from person experience make sure to room any items from the hidden pocket.
Keeping these tips in mind will help you find the best workout leggings for your own specific use, and to take good care of them in the long run. You’ll find that, if cared for properly, the leggings will reward you with many years of workout sessions.
Hi I’m James and I’m a self confessed fitness fanatic. When I’m not personal training I enjoy multi discipline endurance events, mma and hitting the gym. I also love to write about my passion and I’m a firm believer in healthy body healthy mind.